Tailored, for electrical contractors, this live, instructor-led online course introduces a general overview of the Navisworks Manage software as it is best leveraged for modelers who conduct coordination on projects.
Over two half-day sessions we will cover:
- Introduction to Navisworks - This includes an overview of workspaces and Navisworks options.
- Opening, appending, and merging files in Navisworks as well as file formats, saving, exporting, and publishing projects.
- Navigating Navisworks - Navigation tools, viewpoints, object properties, selection trees and sets, object selection, and hiding/unhiding objects.
- Enabling sectioning in Navisworks (plane and section box).
- Model Review - Measuring, tagging, comments, and redlining.
- Exporting NWD files and Freedom Viewer
- Timeliner - Walkthrough of the process for timeline sequencing and phasing.
- Selection Inspector - multiple selections, showing items and deselecting them, quick property definition, and exporting CSV files.
- Clash Detection - Walkthrough of the process for creating search sets, clash detection cleanup, creating and exporting clash tests, setting rules, selecting search sets, and setting tolerances.
- Review of process for running tests and analyzing clash results.
- Exporting clash reports (HTML Tabular format).
Participants must have Navisworks Manage 2018, 2019 or 2020 installed on their computers prior to the start of this class. A free demo of the software can be downloaded here
NECA’s Online Classrooms will utilize GoToTraining. The full system requirements are here. We recommend having access to a webcam and microphone to interact with other participants during the class.
This session will be facilitated by Nikhil Gandhi and Blake Vaughn at Sanveo.