2012 Labor Relations Conference
New Orleans, LA, March 7-8
NECA's Labor Relations Objective
NECA's Labor Relations Objective is to create a national framework to support local negotiations, programs, and other efforts that preserve management rights, promote growth and productivity, meet competitive challenges, and ensure an available, qualified workforce.
- John M. Grau, NECA CEO
March 7, 2012
AGENDA and PRESENTATIONS
To view or download presentations, click on the session name. Presentations not available for distribution have not been included and are noted with an * and shaded in gray.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
Getting More – How to Negotiate to Achieve Your Goals in the Real World
- Stuart Diamond, Professor, Wharton School of Business
- This presentation is not available for distribution because the speaker would not allow the material to be posted. For more about Stuart Diamond and his latest book, Getting More, click here.
- James Cole II, NJATC Counsel, The Groome Law Group
- The speaker would not allow a posting of his presentation.
- Dan Hogan, Director of Industrial Relations, TAUC
NEBF Update: Changes, Issues Participation Agreements
- Larry Bradley, Executive Director, NEBF
Helmets to Hardhats: Putting Our Vets Back Into the Workforce
- Darrell Roberts, Executive Director, Helmets to Hardhats
- No visual presentation used.
What Makes Market Recovery/Retention Efforts Work – PANEL DISCUSSION
- Chase Pendergraft, Manager, East Tennessee Chapter, NECA
- Marilynn Oppedisano, Executive, Finger Lakes Chapter, NECA
- Loyal O'Leary, Manager, Wisconsin Chapter NECA
- Larry Navarrete, Excellence Electric Inc., Little Chute, WI
THURSDAY, MARCH 8
Legal Update: ERISA Pension and Health Issues
Consultants' Report on Pension Issues
- Brad Heinricks and John Bartz
- Foster & Foster
- The speakers would not allow the posting due to the proprietary nature of the material.
NECA Website: A Tool for Your Company
Visit www.necanet.org/job/labor-relations to access online labor relations resources. You will need your NECA User ID and password to access this content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about NECA's online content.
Managing Multiple Craft Skill Levels
- Frank Piatt, Field Representative, NECA Eastern Region
- This material was a BETA test for a future MEI program and cannot be posted.
- David Ward and Mark Thomas, Field Representatives, NECA Midwest Region
- The full version of this program is available. Contact Greg Mankevich to bring this six-hour program to your chapter.
The Zen of Labor Relations
- Chuck Kelly, Executive Director, Labor Relations, NECA