Interested in Hosting Basic Foremanship?
For each Basic Foremanship course the course sponsor will need to coordinate access to the online modules, set up in-seat learning group sessions, and provide records back to NECA to closeout the program. The schedule for each Basic Foremanship class is set entirely by the course sponsor.
Watch or download a recording of the introductory webinar on this program
Download the PowerPoint used in that presentation
Typically the process for hosting the course will be:
- The decision:
The course sponsor decides to host Basic Foremanship for a local audience.
- Instructor selection:
Instructors for Basic Foremanship should have experience being in a foreman role, should be comfortable with the topics presented within the class and should have participated in the online modules and thoroughly reviewed the Facilitators Guide. There is no formal train-the-trainer for this course.
- Course dates and schedule:
Basic Foremanship is designed for flexible delivery. The course is divided into fifteen modules, each on a different topic. Each module has a fifteen to twenty-minute online module and approximately forty-five minutes of in-class discussion. Course sponsors can decide how to schedule the course—anything from one module a week for fifteen weeks to several modules at a time can be scheduled, based on what is preferred locally.
Using NECA's template flyer, found on the course resources page, participants are solicited to attend the course. The flyer will detail the course requirements and schedule. It is recommended that the cutoff date for registration be at least two weeks before the first learning group meeting to allow participants time to complete the online module, and more time be allowed if several modules need to be completed.
- Course materials:
Course sponsors may register participants for the course directly through the NECA Learning Center and can provide the following sample message to participants on how to access the course available here or participants can purchase the online course directly through the NECA Learning Center.
Should you have any questions related to the registration process, please email email@example.com
- Hold the course:
- In advance of the first learning group session participants should be reminded to complete the necessary module(s).
- A sign in sheet, from the template found on the course resources page, should be printed for the first learning group session and all participants should be asked sign in upon arrival. Participants will need to sign in for each learning group session and the same sign-in sheet should be used for all learning group sessions.
- For each session, Field Assignments from the module(s) covered should be printed from the Facilitator's Guide and distributed to participants at the end of the session.
- The facilitator may want a flip chart, white board or chalk board for use during the class, so be sure to check in advance.
Submit course records:
Following the completion of the entire program the course sponsor must submit the sign-in sheet
for all modules, with the NECA ID or full contact information for the participants, and the Facilitator's evaluation. NECA will then prepare and issue certificates via email for individuals that have completed all of the online modules and quizzes, complete the online evaluation
, and have participated in learning group sessions for at least twelve of the fifteen modules.
View Course Resources Page